After a great deal of planning and hard work, and with support from the Junior Sail board, the Executive Board, and the town Board of Health, we are pleased to announce a Junior Sail program starting June 29. We feel the plan balances the critical health and safety concerns of all members with the need to provide a safe and constructive outlet for the children who have been terribly impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
Highlights of the 2020 program:
- Designed around compliance with the state of Massachusetts COVID-19 guidelines
- Children of club members only
- No unattended minors at the club at any time
- Face masks will be worn by all sailors and instructors at all times
- Staggered drop-off and pick-ups to reduce group sizes
- Sailors will not be at the club if the weather does not permit sailing
Full details of the plan will be available on the Junior Sailing pages of the website in the next week.
The primary place where members will interact with the Junior Sailing is the dinghy dock. The junior sailing program seeks to minimize those impacts:
- Sailors will potentially be accessing the Opti racks adjacent to
the dinghy docks at the times below. The dock will not be constantly
busy during these times, but they will be busier than the hours in
- 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM – Beginner program launch
- 11:AM – 12:00 AM – Beginner program return
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM – Advanced program launch
- 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM – Advanced program return
- Access to the launch will be unimpeded but for 5-minute windows when classes are bringing their sails up and down the ramp.
- Instructors are absolutely willing to move the classes out of the way if you need to access your dinghy while Optis are being unloaded from the racks. Please ask an instructor if you need passage.
We respectfully ask members to remove their dinghies from the 420 floats as soon as possible as we will be starting to install the cradles and launching the 420’s as early as Monday.
As always, you can address questions or comments to email@example.com.
The Hull Yacht Club Junior Sail Board